Robin Danely


Portrait Pricing and the Commission Process

PORTRAIT RATES — 2017

paper:
• 8 x 10" (20 x 25cm) — $350 / £300

board or canvas:
• 6 x 6" (15 x 15cm) -OR-
• 6 x 8" (15 x 20cm) — $400 / £350

• 8 x 8" (20 x 20cm) -OR-
• 8 x 10" (20 x 25cm) — $550 / £450

• 10 x 10" (25 x 25 cm) -OR-
• 9 x 12" (23 x 30cm) — $675 / £550

• 12 x 12" (30 x 30cm) -OR-
• 11 x 14" (28 x 36cm) — $800 / £650

• 15 x 15" (40 x 40cm) — $975 / £800


THE COMMISSION PROCESS — 2017

I work from photos, so no sitting is required. Send me several high-resolution images of your subject, taken in natural light with no flash, and preferably no harsh shadows. I prefer as neutral a face as possible -- no big grins with teeth -- small smiles are fine. If the photos have been taken by a professional photographer, I will need their permission to use the image. From the images you send, I will recommend one or two I think will work best for a painting, and we'll decide on a favorite together, as well as the size you would like it to be.

I require a 25% deposit to start. I will send updates of my progress along the way, inviting your feedback and input, and making any necessary changes as we proceed. When you are completely satisfied, the remaining 75%, plus shipping, is due.

The painting from start to finish usually takes about two weeks. Then the painting needs another two weeks to dry and be varnished. When it’s ready, I will ship it, tracked and insured, to your door.

My price guide is limited to standard sizes for single portraits, but I am willing to work in different sizes, dimension, and configurations. Please contact me with any further questions, or for a custom quote!